Trev's Official Rebuild Thread

Chat about anything and everything.
Trevor

Thanks ceej what did I do wrong?
ceej

Instead of just taking the URL from the obvious place (the URL bar) you have to actually get the picture link location. This can be taken from the image properties (right click the image, and hit properties and copy/past the link location) or sometimes you can just select copy image location after you right click the image (on Firefox you can). :wink:
Garry. Nuff sed!
hatchman

trev, once you finish off the mightyboys and if they your finding it difficult to sell them where you are... send them down my way and i'll flog them off for you
Trevor

Thanks Mate, It'll be a while yet, been back on the tools helping out a friend 5 days a week and the last thing I feel like when I get home is more work. But should settle down again soon and I'll be back into them.
Trevor

Well, I've had a couple more arvos , one fought me all the way and the next re did what was done easily.So now I have all the mounts done and will be resealing sump and test fitting in one of the Mb.
Last edited by Trevor on Thu May 29, 2008 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trevor

Mounted eng and cradle in yesterday only to find the last mount was hitting chasis rail, so tonight I stopped rooting spiders and made a new final mount out of Aluminium.
Now I need to re position and re angle eng, cause I'm not happy with it as yet,which could mean re making other mounts.Then I'll be making top stut brace/engine mounts for stabalizing
Brayden

Looking good mate!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Trevor

Update: engine is back in red car and all is well, had to re make or modify the first two mounts, and am now pretty happy with it. Next move is to refit in yellow Mb (Adams(Evilgidget) old MB) as it has all the linkages and bits that I need to continue. Was nearly going to fit in my daily driver,but I want it going in two weeks,but reality kicked in and this could be unachievable, but I'm going to try real hard.Need to order some bits,Ie water pump and exhaust front section from g10a.
jeff

Howdy Trev, I must say that is trully looking good, I dont know if you remember me Iam also doing this convert. My questions are have you a schematic for the the wiring(if not I do ) and what are you going to do to upgrade the brakes . CHEERS JEFF
Trevor

Hey Jeff, should be right on the wiring as I'm making my own harness eventually.Brakes are I think of a gti,but not sure ,came with the Mb.Evil gidget should know.I'm still to check them out, I know that the tow in needs to be looked at, and probably some bias problems.Stay tuned and they will be after I get the eng running
Trevor

Update.I've pulled the engine out my daily driver as the trip to sydney has not been kind to it and have the g10 in,axles and gearbox shift and stay connected,and am presently working on the wiring.Will post pics as soon as I get time.hope to have going by next weekend.Also need to lower the car as this engine is much lighter and the front is sitting up much higher now
Jermaine

sounds like your havin lots of fun! i wish i has your enthusiasm lol, remeber to get lots of pics haha
Trevor

Ok I've been busy on everyone elses cars and boats and haven't had much time on the Mb,and only have this week to get it going for a trip to cessnock.This is a pic of the wiring at the moment very messy but most things are wired and working.It will stay messy for a while as I will be completely redoing the wiring so as not much is seen and also need to add all the injection side of the project so I won't waste too much time on it.I have it cranking over,just got to connect up temporary exhaust and add top stays, some oils and make sure the radiator is all going to happen all in the next few days. Im Itchen to have a drive of it.

Never made it by the weekend
Last edited by Trevor on Thu May 29, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trevor

Well I got to test drive the Mb tonight and It felt good.Lots more legs than the 800 eng.Was just a quick go up and down the road,but at least I can drive to work,and try to claim some hoist time (If it fits on a hoist?) so as I can finish it properly.Still need to fit g10 a accelerator cable,only got the Mb one wired in as it's to short form the mount to the carb. need to make a little room as my sump is just touching the subframe,also need to fit,adapt g10a speedo cable. Need new exhaust as the Mb one is a little restrictive,Top stay's or mounts,surprisingly not bad without any.also need to adjust gear linkage as it was not quiet getting second properly when gearing down.And the car still needs to be lowered and a wheel alignment.I had to modify my radiator which was a 2 core rad I don't know what it was out of,spun the top tank around and had the outlets change to slightly bigger (28mm).this caused a problem with the fan mounting on as the new top outlet was in the way and also it was real close to the clutch arm so I fitted a slim line fan that I had, which is neater and quieter.
jeff

Hi trev good to hear its running ,you might by now know that the speedo cable pushes straight on ( no problem ) noticed your coil (not running transister set up) was this the original or is it Mighty Boy. Cheers