Twinkee's new motor build

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
mini_kompressor

Well, since i got a phone call about a month ago late one evening to let me know that my better half, louise ( Twinkee ), had seized the auto "Red Rocket" ( in fairness it wasnt her fault, second hand engine, could have happened at any time ) been busy pulling bits apart and working out a game plan. Plan A, reco the Dohc F5A and install that with fuel inj, etc, then thought "gee, thats gonna take a bit of time to get back up and running" so ive put that on the back burner for now. May even sell off both those motors ive got, not sure yet. Louise had been driving it for 2 months, doing about 120ks a day, and always hinted that a bit more power would be nice, but that it cant be over the top, nor look unstandard or be noisy( which for those of you who know me, doesnt happen :thumbup2: ) so i thought why not do a hotty F5A. So, Plan B, strip and rebuild the original engine, with a few goodies thrown in to the mix :) . Dizzys been sent off for the electronic ignition fitup, blocks stripped, heads stripped, extractors are underway, cam gears been sent for modification( to make it adjustable), inlet manifolds on its way from Japan, and the carby im gonna use arrived on Friday, all new and shiney. :thumbup2: . Cant wait to hear how its gonna sound!! Love the sound of a weber at full noise! Louise is gonna-------------------love it :-o .
IMAG0028.jpg
IMAG0035.jpg
IMAG0033.jpg
IMAG0041_1.jpg
IMAG0042.jpg
Tez

Ben....

Mate....

You are incorrigible!

Keep up the good work! :D

Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
KEVIN

Love that Weber :thumbup2: :snigger:
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
holk

Ben,
don't you think you are a bit too close to the mini with that block ! :crazy:
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
bswift16

hey there mate
can you let me know where you send your dizzy to get the electronic conversion?
also when your done can you please place up a full mod list and where you got your parts from/work done
I want to do a f8b in an auto MB for the daughter, so anything you are doing for your auto has gotta work well with a f8b :wink:
willing to prove red ones go faster
mini_kompressor

Will keep a list going for sure. Dizzy is being done by Performance Ignition, there website's here http://www.performanceignition.com.au. :)
They can do anything, from a straight forward points to electronic conversion, to something a bit more performance orientated like what im running in my "Boosted Boy" and whats going in Twinkees "Red Rocket".
Hey Holk, only put it there for the pic mate, wouldnt want to get oil on the paint work now would i :) :thumbup2: The minis broke at the moment too, spat some g/box bearings having way to much fun between Eildon and Jameison with some mates, Louise reckons ill never learn :x :snigger:
ToranaGuy

Nice work Ben, what size weber is that?

Thru work I've sold a couple of sets of Proquip electronic points conversions, another option for those looking for a more reliable distributor for their boy.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
mini_kompressor

Hi all, been meaning to give you all a bit of an update on whats been happening since i pulled the engine down and sent bits and bobs off for various repairs/ modification but ive been sooooo busy with other stuff i havent had the chance. Well, the autos still away hopefully should have that back soon, the block and head are still in the queue to be sent off ( had a bit of bother finding pistons, all good now), extractors are still underway and once done will be Jethot coated as Louise said she wants them looking BLING :lol: ( might even do the inlet manifold :-o ), and the cam gear should be back this week.
Thats all the stuff still underway, now on to some of the goodies that have arrived!
The dizzy ive had Multispark ignition fitted to came back to me on Thursday:
IMAG0087.jpg
IMAG0088.jpg
Then on Friday a package arrived from Osaka, Japan.........
IMAG0089.jpg
IMAG0090.jpg
IMAG0092.jpg
IMAG0093.jpg
IMAG0094.jpg
The quality is fantastic, i hope there will be enough room between the firewall and the carby to fit a decent air filter :-o . All the ones ive seen pics of use very stumpy stub stacks ( ram tubes). Here's what it looks like with the Weber bolted to it
IMAG0095.jpg
IMAG0097.jpg
IMAG0099.jpg
Oh, if you need anything from Japan, ive got on to a fantastic bloke in Japan , Jesse Streeter of http://www.jessestreeter.com. Cheap, fast and reliable. Just email him what you are after from a particular website and he can let you know costs, etc, before purchasing. You dont need credit cards or stuff like that, he accepts bank deposit here in Australia. Just thought id give him a plug :thumbup2:
Brayden

Thanks for the heads-up on Jesse. How do his fees compare with Import Monster?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
mini_kompressor

Much cheaper Brayden, pm sent :thumbup2:
bswift16

out there question, would a webber like that handle blow through boosting.
because I am having visions of top of engine intercooler with plumbing around the side
willing to prove red ones go faster
Jermaine

wow ben, thats looking awsome, i should come say gday on my way back to tas lol
mini_kompressor

When are you heading back Jermaine?
Jermaine

going on the boat monday night
mini_kompressor

Pm sent Jermaine :thumbup2: